Thursday 19 September 2024

An Ode to Time: Poem numero uno



Time the Ex Lover

I feel scorned by the stain that you left on my soul
Torn by your ticking hands that never let go
Keeping the rhythm by which I was told
"Minute by minute, you grow old"

I needed you to stop and give me more breath
But you kept on ticking right to my death
Steadily, calmly, mercilessly you led
Even when I screamed, and I cried, and I pled

I needed more of you, so much more of you
But never to be bound or summit, you flew
"Time flies" they said, and I always knew
That this was your only trait that was true

You couldn't be still, not even for my sake
You couldn't go back to correct my mistakes
You can't undo the minutes that you make
You can't give back the minutes that you take

My dear Time, you who keeps ticking on
You who separates dusk from dawn
I needed you, but now you're gone
A lover who's already moved on











No comments:

Post a Comment